While the stress, hustle and bustle of the holiday season makes it difficult to stay focused on green living, especially as it pertains to gift wrapping items, we at LGBG want our readers to know that eco-friendly gift wrapping materials are available. This alternative will go a long way to make us all feel better about that heap of discarded wrapping paper, cards and gift tags that we see every Christmas morning.
- Of The Earth makes paper products from “at least 50% recycled content from fibers derived from the Himalayan lotka bush“. The products from this company are available in solid and festive patterns The fibers in these papers are strong enough to make the paper reusable. The paper products from Of The Earth are extra special because their holiday selections are embedded with wildflower seeds that can be planted in the spring. Of The Earth also offers sustainable ribbons with beautiful designs that enhance any gift. http://www.custompaper.com/papers/gift_wrap/gift_wrap.html
- Fish Lips Paper Designs sells holiday gift wrap made from at least 50% recycled paper. This paper is printed with soy-based inks and hosts a smooth satin finish. This company touts that its paper “will make even the worst gift look fun and exciting”.
- Botanical Paperworks delivers paper products made with recycled paper, also with embedded wildflower seeds. Your gifts delivered with this company’s cards and tags are special because “they just keep on giving”.
- Lucky Crow Gift Bags is a leader in the growing trend of fabric gift bags. These colorful sacks can be used for storage, display or they can be regifted.
- These alternatives to traditional paper gift products offer a great way to protect the environment. With all of these suggestions, we can have beautifully wrapped gifts without destroying trees. This definitely is a way to celebrate the season while protecting the environment, which helps us live green, be green.
Source for this article: http://www.thedailygreen.com/green-homes/latest/christmas-holidays-gift-wrap